Pages

Monday 4 November 2013

Autumn Chocolate and Oranges

As the nights draw in and pumpkins abound it seems only natural to turn to Orange. I am burning orange oil in my burner and it seemed about time I made a new version of my Choc a l'Orange soap. This soap was born more than a decade ago, but looked quite different to the way it looks today. Originally, it was made from those hand rolled chocolate balls from Tobago, but I ran out of those a long time ago. Now I have to make do with Green and Blacks cocoa powder, which smells just as good and gives the soap its rich chocolateyness. It's hard not to sink the teeth in. The soap is now becoming a bit of a tradition at this time of year. I just loved smoothing the top layer on and creating those chocolatey peaks with my spatula.

Chocolate topping

Choc a l'Orange Soap Bars.

1 comment: